Saturday, August 4, 2007

Good things come in twos...


I barely got my feet wet at The Post when Jonathan Kay sent another assignment my way. This one with literally a 3 hour turnaround. I was given the article at 1:15, went through a couple sets of roughs and delivered the final by 4 pm. It was a bit hectic but it definitely taught me how to be quick on my feet in terms of concept. Interesting assignment and Jonathan is a great guy to work with. This article is another excerpt from a book by Pauline Chen. It's about a doctor who saw that having human compassion, rather than a cold professional manner, towards a terminal patient's family can have a great positive effect on helping them cope with a soon and imminent death of a loved one. This piece is published in today's (Saturday) Post page A23, check it out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this guy's like, the toronto star... er, national post?

congrats man, that's dope.

Oleg Portnoy said...

Thanks Tess, I guess every dog has his day.

Chase Carr-Braint said...

and loves his bone.

your shit looks so nice on newsprint too- a little different than the newsprint we're used to huh-

nice steps brother. big ones.

Oleg Portnoy said...

Thanks Chase-a-lase I'm trying to walk tall.