Friday, August 3, 2007

I LOVE QUICK TURNAROUNDS!


Some very exciting news! After visiting the National Post this job came my way from Jonathan Kay, the comments page editor. The article talks about the moral dilemma surgeons face when treating terminal patients especially children. The surgeons find it important to seek comfort in the rituals and practices of their trade. The idea I used for it is a doctor who’s protecting herself with a shield in a form of a surgical lamp, while holding an ill child.
I really enjoyed working on this assignment in definitely opened my eyes into how tight deadlines are when it comes to newspapers. Special thanks to Kagan Mcleod and Donna Braggins for helping me with this, lets hope this is a glimpse of things to come! For those of you who are readers of The Post you can check out my piece in the Issues section page A11 of today's (Friday) paper.


4 comments:

Mrs. Lo said...

Hi Oleg, it's Mrs. Lo. I saw your work this morning at my break time (my work place subscribes National Post). Congrats, good for you! Hope to see more later.

Alejandro cardona said...

hey man thas awesome long time coming"

congrats

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!!! Looks awesome too!! Very excited for you!

Oleg Portnoy said...

Thanks everyone for your compliments and support lets hope there's more to come.